Winter Retreat 2022
About Winter Retreat
Date: February 18-20, 2022
Speakers: Sikhu Daco
Theme: Though the Heavens Fall
Cost: $65 per person
Deadline: Feb. 10, 2022
What is the Winter Retreat? The Winter Retreat is an annual event every February. It is a time to come apart and rest, to fellowship with students and young professionals from across the state of Michigan.
Who should come? If you are between the ages of 18-30 the retreat is for you. There will be college students and young professionals. It is a time to meet new people and network with people from various majors and professions.
What to expect? There will be a time to hear inspiring messages from God’s Word, testimonies, and social activities. The setting is at Camp Au Sable in Grayling MI. You will find a wonderful nature setting to connect with God and to enjoy the beautiful winter scenery. There are snow shoes, cross country skiing, and visiting the Nature Center. The meals are prepared by an amazing Chef Miguel.
What to bring? You will be staying either in a cabin or indoor room. You will want to prepare to bring warm clothes for the cold weather. Here is a list to help you prepare, What to Bring List.
Meet the Speaker: Sikhu Daco is no stranger to Michigan, working with Public Campus Ministries for many years. She graduated from Wesley College, who was a student leader at her university. She is now a speaker for InVerse (a weekly devotional which is currently studying the book of Hebrews), a mother of four, and currently lives in Laurel Maryland. She has a passion for the study of God’s Word and seeing others experience the love of Jesus.
- Negative COVID test – We are requiring those who plan to come to get a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the beginning of the event.
- Symptoms – We ask that you monitor your own health and take a self-monitoring survey regarding potential symptoms before coming to the event.
- Masks – Participants will be required to wear masks while indoors.
- Social Distancing – We will facilitate social distancing as much as possible in the meal hall and the meeting areas.
- Quarantine – If you begin to feel symptoms during the event, please contact Alanna (see information below) and quarantine immediately.
Please contact Alanna with any questions or concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org or 906-281-1011